Frequently asked questions
When can I enroll?
WE ENROLL STUDENTS EVERY WEEK OF THE YEAR!
How does it work?
- Leave us a phone message (654-1271) OR
Leave us a message on Facebook or our website
Send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
• You can fill out a Registration Form here at the school.
• You can fill out a Registration Form though our website and send it to us!
How much does it cost?
• We charge tuition by the semester. Fall and Spring $500 – Summer Session $280.
• Most choose to make 4 payments of $125 during the semester.
• Your first payment is due on or before the first lesson. We accept post dated checks or bank drafts for the remaining payments. This is set up when you first enroll.
Can I enroll only for a class/group?
YES! Garage Band, Chamber Ensemble, Preschool Music, and Music Clubhouse for Adults are open to all!
What is the youngest age my child can begin?
- Violin students can begin as young as 3.
Piano students can begin as young as 4 or 5, depending on the student.
Our EARLY BIRDS Preschool Music class is open to 4 and 5 yr olds.
Do you teach adults?
YES, OF COURSE! If you have always wanted to play an instrument, or are returning after a long absence, we offer private instruction for you.
What if I need an instrument?
- Once we have put you in touch with an instructor, they can help you find and purchase an instrument that is appropriate.
A digital piano will work initially if that is your instrument, and we have an excellent relationship with O’Neills Music in Baton Rouge. They can give you an EXCELLENT price!
Our string instructors are willing to meet with you in Baton Rouge to choose the right instrument. For children, these come in a variety of sizes depending on the age and size of the student.
Our guitar instructor will help you find an appropriate instrument if you need help with this
Our percussion instructor only requires a practice pad and sticks initially, and these are easily obtained at Guitar Center.
My question is not on this list.
Dr. Perkins is always available to speak with you. You are welcome to text her on her cell (225-276-1675).